The Conscious of The Music World

We Revolve Around One Thing!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brett Michaels Courageous Rocker or Con Artist?

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 10 years or so, you’ve heard of and probably watched several episodes of American Idol.  However if you’re like me you don’t put too much stock in the show these days…  Needless to say our latest “American Idol” was crowned last night! *insert fan fare and confetti here*
It was an awesome ending to an otherwise boring season on American Idol and Lee Dewyze broke down even before he was announced the American Idol winner while Simon Cowell managed to tear up a little during his farewell speech. 
 
For those of you with a life, here are a few links to videos and synopsis  of the show:
 
Had to embed my favorite exploitation victims!
 
http://www.youtube.com/v/IsjOgAnpsZ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">

OK now that we have all of that BS out of the way let’s get to the meat of why we’re here…  This Brett Michaels character!
 
Wasn’t he in the hospital last week for some MAJOR shit?  But the doctors gave him the OK to perform and put on a tour? #cmonson 
 
Let’s break it down:
 
1. Let’s start from the beginning, Michaels has suffered from Juvenile Diabetes for most of his life (although I was thought when you were an adult they just called in diabetes…guess I learned something new *shrug*).  In a march interview with popeater.com Michaels had this to say "I'm a life-long juvenile diabetic, so taking four injections a day and, as I just did right before this, probably six to eight blood tests a day. I really have a strong cause and I'm in there fighting for it."
 
2. Early in April, Michaels was rushed to the hospital and underwent an emergency appendectomy. He was released several days later.
Following the scare, he wrote on his Web site, "They told me that if I had gone on stage like I wanted to, [my appendix] likely would have ruptured and I could have died," and joked that "getting your appendix out HURTS."
 
3. On April 21, Michaels made an emergency visit to the hospital after suffering a crippling headache that turned out to be a brain hemorrhage. He was in critical condition, but eventually recovered and was discharged from the Phoenix hospital on May 4.  
 
On May 20, Michaels appeared on Oprah saying, "I've never been shot, thank God, but I can tell you this: It sounded like a small handgun went off in the back of my head. They call it a thunderclap, and I've never instantaneously had a headache like that in my entire life. The word's not even a headache. It's like a migraine times 10."
 
4. May 21, (AKA Last Friday) Bret Michaels was back in the hospital after what doctors described as a "warning stroke."  A message was posted on Michaels' official website saying that he "was readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominantly his face and hands, which doctors described as a transient ischemic attack, or warning stroke."  During testing the doctors discovered a whole in Brett’s heart that has apparently been there untreated since birth.
 
5. May 23, Mr. Michaels appears on the Celebrity Apprentice finale, and wins! (I can see doctors OK-ing this)
 
6. Then a mere month after a brain hemorrhage, and 5 days after a “warning stroke” Brett Michaels goes on the American Idol Finale, and performs! (really!?), and if that ain’t enough, he’s scheduled to return to the stage with a show on May 28 at the Hard Rock in Biloxi, Miss., followed by a tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd kicking off June 10 in West Palm Beach, Florida.
 
Let’s be real for two fuckin seconds! I’m not even gonna give you my opinion on this.  I’ve given you the facts, you form your own opinions, but if you ask me I think most of this is a publicity stunt.  Look at it, Brett Michaels the Poison front man is dead!  Everybody knows that, when celebrities do “Love” based reality shows on VH1 that’s the equivalent of a rapper signing to Koch records.  It’s the last stop before they’re put out to pasture.
 
Isn’t it just mildly suspicious that all this has come just months prior to the start of his upcoming tour?  You be the judge, this is just how I feel.  Only time will tell…
 
—Seven owt

No comments:

Post a Comment